PREPPING FOR YOUR FINE ART EXPERIENCE!
PREPARING YOUR INNER SELF!
- Prepare a little Bag the night before your session! We recommend putting all the things you plan to bring with you in this bag and have it ready to go for the next day! Less stress the day of, the better you will enjoy your day and all that it has to bring!
- Please try and get full night’s sleep the night before your session so you can be sure that you come rested, relaxed and ready to explore this beautiful Experience! We understand that this is not always possible with little kiddos running around but if you can make it happen, you will be a better YOU for the day to come!
- We do recommend that clients moisturize or lotion key areas of the body before attending their session with us! It likely sounds silly and perhaps something most may not think of but we recommend paying special attention to areas that crease: Elbows. Knees. Toes and Feet.
This is just a simple step that can manage dryness of common areas that can sometimes appear distracting in an image.
- Please remove watches and hair elastics from your wrists before your session so that they do not leave marks on your skin and are often distracting in photographs.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Nude Strapless Bra and Underwear set. If possible, we do recommend a thong style undergarment for editing purposes. This is likely the most important recommendation I have (wardrobe wise) for ensuring seamless, elegant pregnancy portraits.
Busy, bright or unmatched undergarments are often very distracting in images and take away from the overall feel of a Fine Art portrait. So we want to be sure we do our best to avoid that!
- The lip product or gloss (if any) you will be using for the session to allow for touch-ups.
- OUTDOORS: In the warmer months for outdoor sessions, we recommend bringing with you a bug spray and a sunscreen that are acceptable for use while pregnant.
- Footwear? Nope, I have no preference on your footwear. Seriously, don't even worry about it! Wear flip flops if you wish!
We photograph clients barefoot in most cases whether in studio or outdoor.
GET YOURSELF DOLL'D!
HAIR & MAKEUP
We do recommend that you arrange to have your hair and makeup done! It’s definitely not a requirement, but I definitely do encourage it. Why you ask?
Well, quite simply, we are bound to be at our best when we FEEL that we look our best and who doesn’t want an excuse to go and get themselves pampered! Umm, yes please!! - and hey, you deserve it Mama!
After all, you are growing a HUMAN! Inside your belly... at this very moment, with ten fingers and ten toes! Isn't that incredible?!?!
Our Pregnancy Collections are Mama/Babe concentrated and typically run approximately 1.5 hours in length.
By now, you have received our Creative Insight Questionnaire for you to complete. Please complete this at your earliest, as this will provide you the opportunity to share your preferences on a variety of aspects regarding your unique session. With that completed Questionnaire, your Portrait Artist will then fully plan and style your pregnancy session so that when you arrive, everything is taken care of, ready for you to just have fun and take in the Experience!
Once you arrive, we will walk you through our custom stylings we have selected for you from our exclusive Client Closet and we can also chat about how the session will flow!
Client's also have the option of upgrading to a larger Collection in advance of their session to include family posing (if they have not done so initially) and honestly, we strongly encourage this!
If clients opt into a Collection with family posing, we will arrange our session accordingly and ensure that we complete any family and child posing first thing to ensure we maximize our time together and the attention span of any kiddos!
Once this portion is complete, we will move on to our Mama/Babe concentrated portion of the Session!
As mentioned above, with siblings in mind, I do alter the typical workflow of the session to accommodate little ones and their often short attention spans. Kiddos get tired and bored. I get it!
To help their images run as smoothly as possible, I arrange for their images to be captured at the beginning of the session so that if the littles get too restless or overly tense, parents can arrange for them to be taken home by a loved one, if needed.